Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 TBR

So it's an hour and 40 minutes into the NINETH session of Bout of Books (my third session) and I have yet to read a page. I was busy cuddling with puppies so obviously I'm not at fault here. 

I did manage to snap a pic of my small TBR pile for this week. They are in the order I plan to read them!


Right now my goal for this week is to just get through City of Glass by Cassandra Clare and A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle. However I'm hoping to start and finish A Wind in the Door today as it's quite short. That leaves me 6 days to get through City of Glass which I should be able to manage.

However, through experience of TMI series I have learned that it's impossible for me to speed through one of CC's books in two or three days without wanting to stab something. I read these during the Bout of Books read-a-thon because it forces me to read them in a week, which I would never do otherwise. I would read a chapter and then put it down, never wanting to open it ever again. But, my curiosity and my love for Simon spurs me on to try to finish the series. So, what I'm getting at it that I need more books to read in between my rage quit moments of City of Glass.

So I have both The Lady and her Monsters: A Tale of Dissections, Real-Life Dr. Frankensteins, and the Creation of Mary Shelley's Masterpiece by Roseanne Montillo and Splintered by A.G. Howard to read when I get frustrated with the shadowhunters. I have started both of these books already and know that I will enjoy them. If I don't finish them this week, I'll still be quite happy and will finish them before the month is out.

Remember to follow me on twitter @kyra_kat where I will be livetweeting my Bout of Books experience (not for the TMI fangirl).

No comments:

Post a Comment