Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bout of Books Day 2 Update

I know that today I've technically read more pages than I did yesterday, but I only finished one book (a graphic novel, at that!) today which makes me feel like I wasn't as productive. But I mean, it was the Agents of SHIELD finale today so I should be glad I got anything done.


I started this graphic novel (if you can even call it that) at like 11:55 pm on Monday and finished it around 12:30 am on Tuesday. Overall it was entertaining and enjoyable. I obviously love Harley and Ivy together and there was even a one-sided crush mention which made me ecstatic. The art was good, especially the middle bonus comic done in a painted style. However as I have come to just accept when it comes to comics about ladies written about men (especially Harley), it was a touch sexist and gross. I don't need to see Ivy being beaten up, her legs spread wide, while her bra falls off.


I started this when I got up this morning (around noon. yeah). This is widely accepted as Maureen's worst novel but I have to say I'm surprisingly delighted by it! I think it's because I relate to it so much, what with the main character having to learn how to drive by hating it and being terrified of it. It's also about sisters more than it is about romantic love, which is awesome. AND they talk about SEX. YEAH. SEX. No sex scenes but the side characters talk about it casually (even though, yeah, the main girls find it scary and gross and awkward). I didn't end up finishing this today (got about 65% of the way through), but will definitely finish it up tomorrow. 

Number of books I've finished today: 1
Total number of books I've finished: 3

Books left on my goal TBR: 3
Pages I've read today: 325

Total pages I've read: 631


I forgot to do a challenge...oops.

Remember to follow my tweets for micro updates and live tweeting of my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment