Friday, May 16, 2014

Bout of Books day 5 Update (FIVE?!! ALREADY?!)

I can't believe that as I type it's already day 6! This readathon has flown by. I'm pretty sure there's a 48 hour readathon in June so no need to be too sad.


I obviously finished the last 74 pages of Persepolis today (I read it all in one sitting but midnight hit in the middle of that sitting) and I really enjoyed reading it. It had the format of a graphic novel,  the personal charm of a memoir about childhood and the smarts of a history lesson. This was vastly different from anything I've ever read.

Then I did a lot of video related stuff, like filming a haul and uploading my review of Far From You.

I planned on reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland but I had to take some books back to the library so I exchanged Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood for the second bind up, The Story of a Return.


This one was just as endearing, if not more. For most of the book Marjane is around my age, so I could relate to her a bit more. She went off to school far from her family and ended up having to come back to live home before she was done, so I mean relating to her definitely wasn't an issue in this one. I also was spurred on by wanting to know what, ya know, actually happened in Iran during this time because I honestly had no idea. Even if history was my subject, we were never taught about Iran or any middle-eastern countries. I loved that she kept coming back to self education, that reading is the key to happiness and understanding. I think I have to take a page out of her book and start reading more books about things that my education neglected. 

Number of books I've finished today: 2
Total number of books I've finished: 8

Books left on my goal TBR: ZERO!!!
Pages I've read today: 261
Total pages I've read: 1230 (finally broke 1K booyah!)

As always, out my twitter for pictures of books I shouldn't be buying, television recs and me being mad about something irrelevant in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment