Friday, May 16, 2014

Bout of Books Day 4 Update

Despite not getting up until around 2 pm, I still managed to complete my entire goal TBR today!! On day 4! I'm amazed at myself, too.


So I started Chopsticks a tiny bit after midnight, because my evenings are booked with television. In my timezone @midnight is on at 11, and then I got to catch The Soup so I mean you see why I didn't get this done on day 3. It only took 30 minutes for my first read through with me googling the playlists to listen to, but I had to go back and do a reread immediately because it was that good.

Chopsticks is a book told entirely in pictures (there's text but it's like letters, notes, and IMs) and lemme tell you THIS BOOK FUCKED ME UP. I'm not even going to say what is about other than the main character is a piano prodigy. I think I may film a video tomorrow,  starting out with how gorgeous and genius this book is and then tell everyone who hasn't read the book to click away and then discuss my many,  many,  many thoughts. This is a book to go into completely blind for MULTIPLE reasons. I just...wow.


I READ A DC COMIC THAT I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKED. SOMEONE ALERT THE PRESSES. I read the first volume in J.H. Willam's new 52 Batwoman this evening, around 9 to 10 pm. This tells the tale of Kate Kane, our ghostly white punk rocker red headed lesbian main character who of course has some family deaths to avenge (cue Bruce angsting in the background). In her crime fighting antics she encounters (are you ready for it) A GHOST BASED ON AN URBAN LEGEND ABOUT A CRYING SEA DWELLING WOMAN THAT STEALS CHILDREN THAT SEEMINGLY INTERTWINES WITH KATE'S PAST. That's right. She fights a ghost AND her own mental battle. She has daddy issues and a fiery sidekick who seems to be friends with Dick. So let's be honest, if I was gonna fall for a DC comic it was gonna be this one. I'm definitely going to get around to buying the second volume, hoping this one breaks the curse I seem to have with second volumes of the new 52.

And I read some of Persepolis before midnight! More on that tomorrow <3

Number of books I've finished today: 2
Total number of books I've finished: 6

Books left on my goal TBR: ZERO!!!
Pages I've read today: 230
Total pages I've read: 969

Remember to check out my twitter for various pics of what I'm reading next to mugs of coffee. Oh and make sure to check my booktube channel because a review video I'm hella excited for is going up tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment